Depositions and Trial Preparation
Although, a paralegal can not conduct a deposition without the presence of an attorney they can be instrumental in ensuring that unnecessary expenses are not incurred and that the deposition runs as smooth as possible. In this 60 minute on-line course paralegals will discover their role in assisting attorneys and witnesses prepare for depositions, assisting at a deposition, and how to summarize the deposition testimony.
The following topics will be covered in this 60 minute on-demand audio presentation.
- Deposition terminology and function
- How to properly notice a deposition
- Structure of the deposition transcript
- Timing of depositions
- Procedures for deposing a party, witness, and expert witness
- Deposition preparation
- Summarizing deposition testimony
Want to access more on-demand courses? Register for the Legal Course Plan.